Thanks to Trop50 for sponsoring my writing about fabulous bloggers. This year Trop50 is granting 50 Fabulous Wishes. Click here to enter for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous!
One of the things I love most about blogging is getting to meet bloggers. I've made some unexpected friendships in the blogosphere that I hold near and dear to my heart. When the Clever Girls asked the Clever Network to write about "Five Fabulous Bloggers" I had a hard time narrowing it down to only five. I could name 50 right off the bat, and probably 500 if you gave me a minute. The assignment, however, was five, so here are my five:
1. Aimee from Greeblemonkey - Aimee is a photographer, blogger, music maven, web designer, and more. As a photographer, she's showed me that photos don't just represent what you see, but what is in your heart. And her heart? Is a warm and wonderful place, full of light and shade, sparkles and shadows, color and texture. She's also that girl who will make you a mixed tape full of wonderful, undiscovered surprises that will rock your world and broaden your horizons. Aimee is rock & roll with soul.
2. Amie from Mamma Loves - Another brilliant writer/photographer and a working mom like myself. The best way I can describe Amie's photography, writing, and persona is beautiful. There is something so exquisite about her words, her images, and her person. Her tagline is "for 3 minutes in the 80's, I was awesome," but I think she has it completely wrong. I think she has been and will be awesome for decades. Amie is someone that I don't see often enough, but when I do, I always feel right at home with. I wish we lived closer to each other, but for now, I'll settle for glimpses into her beauty through her blog and photos.
3. Donna from Socal Mom - Witty, wonderful, and wise, Donna is a blogger, podcaster, and former Hollywood comedy writer. Donna's blog was one of the first blogs I read when I first started blogging, so I've always thought of her as a trailblazer. I was thrilled when she joined MOMocrats and I was able to get to know her off-line. Her keen eye for detail and wry sense of humor come through whether she's blogging about politics or travel or being mom to a teen or the latest car show. On top of that, she's the kind of friend who will sit with you in the emergency room for four hours, just so you don't have to be alone. I know this from experience, and it's something I will never forget.
4. Marsha from Sweatpantsmom - Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! Everyone wants to be (or should be) like Marsha. Marsha is probably the funniest and most charming person on-line and in person, with style to spare. Although she's my age, she rocks the funky glasses and mini-skirts, can wear leggings and not look like a burned sausage, and is generally one hot mama. In fact, I've told her she should change her name to "Hotpantsmom." Mom to two teen girls, she is also a graphic designer, and celebrity interviewer extraordinaire. Marsha finds the humor in just about any situation. Marsha's the friend you want to take shopping with you, because you know she would tell you what looks good and what makes you look like a sad clown hooker.
5. Beth from Techmamas - Although Beth is totally famous and one of the Time 140 most spectacular twitterers on the planet or something, she is also one of the nicest people in the blogosphere. Check out her blog for tips on the latest technology, and how to keep your kids from becoming video-game addicted zombie roadkill. I'm fortunate to have Beth live near me, because she is one of the people I know I can count on in a crisis. When my husband had open heart surgery recently, Beth volunteered to take my son at night when I had to be in the hospital ICU. This is no small feat for a mom of 3 boys. Adding a fourth boy to a household would likely drive most moms to the bottom of a bottle of gin, but Beth? No way. She also collected donations from MOMocrats and friends to buy our family Waiters on Wheels gift certificates so I didn't have to cook. Beth is simply good people.
Again, it was really difficult to narrow down this list to only five, since there are so many fantastic bloggers out there, many of whom I've been privileged to meet in person. If you're not on the list, you can be sure you were next on the list.
So, who are your Fab 5?
Don't forget to enter the 50 Fabulous Wishes contest for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous. I was selected for this Tropicana Trop50 sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do. I received compensation to use and facilitate my post.