The Silent I is an award-winning family travel and lifestyle blog written and published by San Franciso Bay Area writer, mother, and attorney Glennia Campbell. Established in 2005, The Silent I chronicles Glennia's family's travels, life in the midst of the Silicon Valley high tech roller coaster, and parenting a tween boy. The Silent I travel posts are syndicated through Lonely Planet and We Blog the World.
In addition to The Silent I, Glennia is a co-founder of MOMocrats, a long-time contributor to Kimchi Mamas, and a founding contributor to the former Silicon Valley Moms Blog. She is also a contributor to Intel's My Life Scoop blog.
Glennia is the past-president of the Palo Alto - Menlo Park Parents Club and a life-long volunteer with children's charities, homeless and women's shelters, and student mentoring programs. In addition to writing, Glennia works full-time for a major academic institution as a contract negotiator and is a member of the Board of Directors of Advocates for Youth. She is member of the State Bar in California, New York and Texas.
glennia [dot] campbell [at] gmail.com
- "Blog We Love", Lonely Planet
- Top 10 Travel Blogs by Women, Divine Caroline
- Top 25 Travel Blogs by Parents, Circle of Moms
- Most Valuable Blogger - San Francisco Finalist, CBS News
- Koream Journal (magazine articles & photo credits)
- Newsweek (magazine photo credit)
- Mothers of Intention by Joanne Bamberger (Essay & Photo Contributor to book)
- Referenced in The Digital Moms Handbook
- Around the World with 40 Bloggers, eBook published by Lonely Planet
- "New Mexico Governor Violating Constitution for Polluters" - TruthOut (Photo Credit)
- "Blogging Moms" -KIAH-TV News Houston
- "Wall Street's Ills Seeps Into Everyday Lives" - Wall Street Journal
- "Election 2008: Every Woman's Vote is Fair Game" -San Jose Mercury News
- "Five Friends Who Rallied Around Edwards Had to Make a Tough Second Choice" -San Jose Mercury News
- "Women, Politics and the Internet" - New York Times
- "Elizabeth Edwards Visits SVMoms" - San Jose Mercury News
- "Bay Area Blogs Flourish" - Oakland Tribune
- "Family Travel - Are We at Machu Picchu Yet?" - Newsweek
- Career Mom Radio
- "Where are the Bloggers of Color and Why Aren't We Reading Them?" - Motherhood Uncensored on Blog Talk Radio
- Netroots Nation
- Mom 2.0
The Silent I is a PR-friendly blog and has worked with major companies such as Toyota, Disney, Sony, Johnson & Johnson and Ford, along with travel and tourism organizations like the Jamaica Tourist Board. Pitches for travel and tourism-related products and services are welcome. The Silent I subscribes to the Blog with Integrity principles and posts reviews that contain original, honest, fully-disclosed opinions on sponsored products, services and travel.
The Silent I publishes ads via Federated Media and some through Google Ad Sense, but no independent ads at this time. The Silent I generally does not publish guest posts, except on request.
Photography and blog content are available for commercial licensing by contacting glennia (dot) campbell (at) gmail (dot) com.
Social Media Connections:
- Twitter Followers: 5,548
- Facebook Friends & Page Followers: 1074
- Klout Score: 60
- LinkedIn Connections: 513
- Foursquare Friends: 320
- Instagram Followers: 300
- Pinterest Followers: 581
Jamaican Sunset, Running in Front of the Casa Rosado in Buenos Aires, Saimin in Hawaii, Touching Nature in the Galapagos, and Jamaican Hibiscus. All Photos in Banner and on this page are Copyright Glennia Campbell, All Rights Reserved.